Thursday, July 10, 2014

Life's Eternal Wonders

I was sitting on my couch this evening enjoying a glass of cheap wine, a tacky novel, and listening to the Chopin station on Google Play when I realized I had no idea why. I couldn't remember the last time I had simply relaxed like that. The last time I had sat around in fuzzy socks and did absolutely nothing had been well over a year before and something occurred to me in that moment. 

I didn't like it much. 

Even a year ago I would have enjoyed an easy read, a bottle of screw top wine, and some quality couch time. Now? Not so much. It set me to pondering what all had changed in the last year. The most obvious thing was the birth of my daughter, now nine months old and the absolute light of my life. But that was too easy. It would be too simple to just categorize my personal changes into being a mother and setting the thought aside to be unexplored while I picked back up my well thumbed novel. No, it was time to invest some time into exploring myself. 

After five minutes all I had managed to do was irritate myself. How did I come off so pompous as to decide to "explore" myself in peace and solitude? Bah! That wasn't time well spent. So, to take my pompousness to the next level, I decided to blog about it. Maybe I'd discover something wonderful in the process. Or start to hate myself, it could go either way.

This is my life, this is who I am, and how I got here. My loves, my hates, my opinions, and random (and occasionally dirty) thoughts. It's time that I rediscover me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment